Monday, October 11, 2010

We're back!

It has been a long time since my last post.  We have had a very busy summer.  Below are a few things that have been happening in the Hughes household.  Hopefully I will get back on track with posting more frequently.
  • Camping -We went camping several times this summer.  It rained on us each and every time but we still enjoy the time together as a family and love spending time with our friends.
  • Alexa had tubes put in her ears.  After 3 ear infections within 4 months we decided this would be best.  Ever since - no ear infections!
  • Jason ran the 20k in the Dam to Dam race in Des Moines!  We are very proud of him for this accomplishment.
  • Alexa turned 1.  We had a nice time celebrating with family and friends at a park.  She LOVED her cake!  At her 1 year check-up her stats were as follows:
    • height 27 1/4 inches (6%)
    • weight 19.6 pounds (26%)
    • head 18.5 inches (93%)
  • We went on vacation to Minnesota with my dad and step-mom.  It was a lot of driving but Alexa did really well in the car and we had a fun time.
  • We visited Adventureland for the day.  Alexa went on a lot of rides and seemed to love them.
  • Jason and I went to the Nationwide NASCAR race in Newton with Dad and Amy.  It was nice to spend some adult time with them while Alexa stayed with one of Jason's co-workers.
  • We visited the zoo.  Alexa loves animals even if she called them all dogs.
  • We went to the state fair several times.  Including the Hairball concert where Alexa rocked out with all of her friends.
  • I started a new job at Nationwide.  I am a Specialist, Business Project Management.  I represent the business side when working with IT.  I love it.
  • We also got a new mini-van.  My dream car!  Jason was sad to see the Camry go but we love the convenience of the van.
  • Alexa had her 15 month check-up and her stats were as follows:
    • height 29 inches (10%)
    • weight 21.2 pounds (25%)
    • head 18.75 inches (90%)
That is just a quick summary of our busy and fun summer.  I hope to post more often.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you post more often! I LOVE checking up on Alexa (and you two also!) SO excited for cookie weekend! --Becca

    ReplyDelete